Wear light trekking clothes as it can get warm, but also make sure to cover up so you aren’t attacked by mosquitoes.

In Guatemala, you can explore the myriad Mayan villages that dot the shore of Lake Atitlan by lancha ; Panajachel is the main hub for ferry services. And don’t miss a trip along one of the planet’s greatest man-made marvels, the Panama Canal, squeezing along those famous locks and admiring the engineering genius of the Culebra Cut. A partial transit of the isthmus by cruise boat takes around six hours. Hiring a car doesn’t come cheap in Central America, but it’s a great way to get off the tourist trail and explore the isthmus at your own pace. When you’re on your trek, it’s unlikely you’ll be walking on level footpaths and roads, so avoid training solely on level footpaths and roads. Instead, try to train on surfaces that will be similar to the trails on the trek.

There are also piranha fishing tours and nighttime boat tours for spotting nocturnal animals. On Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast, Tortuguero can only be reached by boat or plane, with small boats chugging along the wildlife-rich canals of its namesake national park. On the Pacific Coast, a regular ferry service connects Puntarenas with Playa Naranjo and Paquera, providing easy access to the year-round surf breaks on the Nicoya Peninsula. And daily ferries operate from Golfito to Puerto Jiménez on the wild and wonderful Osa Peninsula. I’m actually just searching around the internet after visiting Sian Ka’an through Muyil. We arrived there a couple days ago from a resort, just to see the Mayan ruins, and were pleasantly surprised by the whole experience we had there .

Best things to do in the Amazon rainforest

To tell the truth, I think that Ciudad Perdida is a truly incredible and special place which has many unique distinctive features, attracting people with its special charm. Of course, this city has a rich and multifaceted history, making you feel that you are in another world. From my point of view, doing the trek in 4 days is the most optimal and comfortable option because you smartly manage the time in this way and can observe everything you need.

Lost City Trek: What to expect

When hiking over several days, every kilo counts. The aim is to carry only what is necessary for a minimum of comfort. Even if 95% of the preparation is taken care of by the local agency, you still have to ensure the remaining 5%. Book your Lost City Trek during the low season if you want to have fewer people in your group.

And everything just seems a bit more elaborate. You feel more isolated on the Walt Disney World attraction, which makes the experience seem more realistic. The advantages of visiting during the dry season are less rain, fewer mosquitoes, better access to the river beaches and better trekking options since the jungle won’t be flooded. Opt for private tours if possible, allowing customization to suit your preferences. Private tours offer a quieter, more personalized experience, increasing wildlife spotting opportunities. → In Puerto Nariño, you can plan a trip to the Laguna Tarapoto to spot pink and gray dolphins (only during the high-water season and visit the Peruvian community of San Antonio to observe Sloth.

Read more about best jungle tour cancun here.

The Jungle Cruise at Disneyland vs Walt Disney World